Saturday, August 29, 2009

101 Romantic Ideas



No Sooner you guys must have read the title, all kinds of assumptions and conclusions must have sprung into your minds;about what this post is all about,how did I compile this list,the places I "dhapofyed" all of these ideas from,why is it necessary to post,etc etc etc... Now, I know I am really a very UnRomantic person(reinforced further by my very sweet and (good for nothing) friend Divya) and this you may say,is really not my territory.... But still,somehow I have managed to piece the strings together and come up with this list. Much of it(let's say 94%) are things that simply came out of my mind with no reference at all(Hard to believe I know,I myself am finding it so!). But then I realized, that I am just some meek mortal,who does require some external help. I tried my best to resist and abstain from looking up anywhere on net,books,ebooks and the like. I started with sitting in my own room,some 4 days back and started with this list. After having reached somewhere near 60(don't remember the exact figure), I realized I needed to get out and find things around that would inspire me to add further on to this list. Somehow,I could keep myself patient enough through the local train journeys, the long hours in office(wah wah !! someone get me outta there !!),the walk back home, when I went to piss or pot,about to head off to sleep,while eating and the list kept increasing steadily. I only held the picture of me completing it. How I would do it, I really didn't know(I still don't) but I had(and have) complete faith that somehow, I will do it all on my own(ALMOST). The 101th idea came just a couple of mints back ( and I was stuck up on getting this one for almost two hours) Perhaps, the Universe(alongwith my mind,my beautiful mind),saved the best for the last for me.....
I would duly like to thank the authors of the two books, 1001 Ways to be Romantic and 101 Romantic Ideas. I was stuck up at a point in time and they have been a great help to me to complete my list.

Hope you guys like it.... *smiles*


1. Write a Poem.

2. Spend an entire day giving her gifts at regular,irregular intervals, each gift symbolizing something of value to both of you.

3. Cook a nice meal for her.

4. Hold hands, Walk by the beach and Watch the sunset together.

5. Do Bungee Jumping into a valley saying," I love you so and so"

6. Compile a nice video of her photographs with/without some background score.[You can use Flash, Windows Movie Maker for this]

7. Write her a Love letter.

8. One day, wake up super early and go and stand in front of her building just to see her for that one special moment. (You may either wake her up or wait till she comes at the window...Your call... I'd prefer waiting to waking her up)

9. Compliment her beautiful smile.

10. Write a list of "101 reasons why I love you." [I already have such a list prepared too... :) ]

11. Compile songs on a CD and gift it to her.[nicely wrapped if required]

12. Whenever possible,play the Guitar for her.

13. Gift her a "Love-Cheques" book. 
[A Love Cheques book is something like a normal Chequebook. Here,however,the Cheque leaves have something special that you would do for her. She can give a leaf whenever she wishes to and you have to abide by what's written on that leaf. Sounds fun!! Doesn't it? ]

14. SMS her I miss you/ I love you at a time of the day when she least expects it.
If you Love her,you will have such a subconscious connection.

15.  Take her on a long drive on your bike during non-rush hours.

16. TALK, ACT, BEHAVE & BE like children.

17. Create a painting/drawing/sketch.

18. Surprise her by coming to pick her up.

19. Give her a HUGE Bouquet of flowers(preferably decorated by you)

20. Listen to her sweet voice. Just listen & only listen to her talk.(It's an amazing feeling)

21. A Candlelight dinner.

22. Thank the Lord for bringing her into your Life.( I seriously recommend you write down this Thanks prayer).

23. Store all the SMS's she sends. Then, maybe on her birthday or some other special occasion,you can show them to her & explain the situation during each of those SMS's).

24. Write her name in Calligraphic style and frame it.

25. Present her with a written account of the many cute,funny,lovable and adorable things you did as a child.

26. (Slow) Dance with her. [It's ok even if you don't know how to]

27. Write about you feelings of the entire day when you asked her out/proposed her/confessed your feelings to her.

28. Eat with each other's hands.

29. Get wet in the rain together (& Kiss) [For further info,refer to the movie, The Notebook]

30. Hug each other real tight and real warm.

31. Kiss in public.

32. Stand on top of a mountain/fort/hill/building/any damn very high place and shout out,
"I LOVE YOU!!!" and record that moment.

33. Go window shopping in a Mall.[It's a great way to spend time together and try out expensive stuff.... It's super fun!!]

34. Offer a back massage/foot rub/head massage with some good smelling lotion. [Things you guys will do after that is really not my concern. :) ]

35. Slip in a love note quietly in her bag.

36. Send her Birthday cards for a month.

37. Spend a day together at a lavish spa pampering yourselves.

38. Whisper sweet nothings in her ear.

39. Get Blindfolded by her(Be totally at her mercy)

40. Tell her your secrets/fears.

41. Say "I Love you" in different languages (goes without saying,you may want to record it as well)

42. Tickle her lightly.

43. Put up a huge banner(S) in the city saying,"I love you" or something special,or a secret message which only she ll understand.

44. Play Strip Poker. :)

45. Do something you are apprehensive about/fear and let them know you have overcome it.

46. Watch "Little Manhattan" together.

47. Rent out an entire movie theatre.

48. Go in a Local train during non rush hour traffic upto the last station in 1st class and come back. [You can even gift her something]

49. Gift her,just like that, Chocolates.

50. Plan her entire birthday(from 12 to 12) /some other day, completely. Let her be just a spectator and enjoy herself thoroughly. Ensure this is one of the best days of her life.

51. Pamper her with the best of Ice-Cream. Watching your Love eating ice cream is an amazing sight. She looks a total baby!!

52. Wait for her if she's getting late and when she comes tell her,"I can wait an entire lifetime for you sweetheart."

53. Join an extra curricular activity together.

54. Get a wrist-watch, Inscribe in it," I always have time for you."

55. A hand-made puzzle, Give her,say, one puzzle piece a day.

56. Take time out to call her from your busy schedule even if it is for 2 minutes. [This sentence is a classic example of a dangling modifier error !!!]

57. Make Love on the stairway.

58. Go on a trek with her.

59. Write a short Love story.

60. Push a little bit extra during workout.[Don't tell me you don't workout,you lazy bum!!]

61. Learn Salsa.

62. Get yours and her hands printed/coloured/xeroxed/whatever you like and frame that as a picture and write a message along with it.

63. Get a domain name with your partner's name and fill it with stuff like poems,pics,etc. and ask them casually to google their name up.

64.  "Split - type" Tee shirts wherein,let's say, your tee has "LO" and half the heart and her tee has "VE" and the other half of the heart.

65. Buy her balloons and watch her release them. Capture that beautiful moment.

66. Gift her flowers that spell her name.

67. Exchange "Love-vows" Write them first before doing so.

68. Write down as many good things as possible about her. Ask friends and family if you are falling short somewhere.

69. Take a dare of eating chillies without drinking water or drinking as less as possible.

70. Learn a few magic tricks to perform in front of her.

71. Plant trees together.

72. Have a brain storming session.

73. Get a temporary tattoo done.

74. Count stars and see for patterns within them. Same for clouds.

75. In the countryside, build a cottage for her.

76.  Take her on a cruise.

77. Enact a skit together.

78. Put in a treasure hunt kind of thing for her B'day. This can range from being as small as within your house to as large as covering the entire city.

79. Compliment for every thing possible.

80. One day/for sometime, communicate through sign language or written form.

81. Rent out an Island(there are 1000's available)

82. Take orders from her for an entire day and do it all willingly,happily. :) :)

83. Read out(ENTHUSIASTICALLY and with a Spark in your eyes), children's stories to her.

84. Without her knowing,get her portrait painted.

85. Help in cleaning the house.[By doing this,you can be romantic everyday without even trying much! :) ]

86. Bake a cake.

87. Make a list of cute,sweet,lovable and adorable names to call her.

88. Make toys,paper mache models,puppets,origami models,etc.

89. Play a game of Blindfold.

90. Blindfold her and ask her to guess things by giving her hints,touching the things,etc.

91. Play some board/other games played by children. [Monopoly, Life, Scrabble,etc, etc.]

92. Have an Ice Castle built.

93. Make a wall hanging made out of Natural Vegetation like grass, twigs, leaves,etc. Similarly,
take a glass window and make your own, "Nature Window."

94. Gift her a Larger than Life Teddy/Soft toy. [Stop smiling Divya].

95. Write one letter everyday for a month/a year/etc.[Post it, if possible].

96. Watch,"The Notebook" together.

97. Skip your weekend dose of sports to be with her. [Hell !! A man can do all the above but this!!! No way!!! But a real man knows what's important to him and man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.]

98. Compile a list of "Love Quotes" and Record them in your voice.

99. "The TIME - CAPSULE",in which you put many things like the stuff you guys bought together,some pictures,a book that you relate to,etc. etc..

100. Write your own list of ways to be romantic.

101. Be the first one to say a sorry.



 Take care. :) Goodnight.

3 comments: