Sunday, September 6, 2009

My Ice cream craze(in brief)

To me, Ice creams are more than just a thing to eat.... Summer,Winter, Autumn, Rains, Spring and some other season I don't know of, I ought to have an ice cream. Since a very young age, as long as i can remember, i recollect going with my family in Nagpur to have ice creams after our dinner and mom buying me an ice cream in the afternoons just after my school. I very vivdly remember the shops. :) That is like 16-17 years back..... Over the years too, when I couldn't get hold of ice creams properly when I was in Aarey Colony, a family pack always came by, whenever I had a strong urge to have ice creams. Those Aarey colony days, apart from the family packs, I used to live upon those "Choco-cones" from Chotta Kashmir. These choco cones were(and still are)a big hit with me whenever(if ever) i went for movies.... If I go out to any malls,even if I don't do/buy anything, an ice cream is always and always mandatory for me.... I simply cant get away from this one feitiesh of mine(and I don't want to either). Some of my best moments have been in the company of an ice cream... In fact, some of my relationships have had their founding stones laid with the help of ice creams(Sounds a bit weird I know...but people who matter know what I mean by this). That's how integral these frosty buddies have been to my existance. When I had my wisdom tooth extracted(before any wisdom was imparted to me), the docs advised me one thing.... Ice creams....lots of them.... I had teeth extraction five times in my life....everytime the pleasure of ice creams beat the pain of getting the tooth extracted by a long way off!! And yes, inspite of all these knock outs, I am super notorious at literally chewing and biting chunks of ice creams and eating them super fast if and when I have wished to. People find it scary but it's one talent I have developed over years of practise. :) The flavors i try to are very varied.....I love to venture into trying things which are difficult to spell. :) Of late, I am kind of hooked to feast ice creams.... Even when I was in Chennai, the feast and Arun Ice creans were a big hit with me.... I regret the fact that Kwality walls,though have kept the prices same for their ice creams, I have reduced the quantity they serve... It is very heartening for me to see and now I am seriously considering giving them a skip alltogether cuz there are as good as(and even better)ones at a much cheaper(or equal) rate....For my love for ice creams really has taken me to many places and try out many new things.... In fact, the shop "Gelato Gelato" at Dadar TT has some very very very special memories attached with it..... :) I,however, haven't been able to gift ice creams to anyone for an obvious reason that they melt. But still, my enthusiasm is always sky high when I see an ice cream in my hands.... People some times stare at the gullible,child like ways in which I eat ice creams. But that's ok... I am simply too engrossed in the work at hand.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment