Monday, May 18, 2009

Into the wilderness

Have a desire,
Have a wish,
Have a longing,
Have a hunger,
To begin,again.

Into the wilderness,
I wish to run,
Chase the winds,
And catch the sun,
That sets,
In the distant horizon,
And stand atop,
The highest mountain,
& In its silence listen,
To the voice of Heaven,
Into the wilderness,
I still want to keep running,
With a 1000 questions,
Curiosity brimming,
As to why,
Things are,
The way they are,
As to why,does the sea,
Always something whisper,
Why the woods,
Rustle with a sound,
Of Saudade,
Why the night,
Provides such warmth & cosiness,
In its loneliness,
And why the rainbow,
Always seems so beautiful,
So wonderful.
Continuing,
I want to,
Jump & splash,
In the rains,
Enjoy,
Without Inhibitions,
The scent of a flower,
The nostalgia of a highway,
The voices of the forest,
The freedom of the birds,
As they fly away,
The fresh air of the morning sky,
The whiteness of the mountain snow,
The gentle fireplace of a cottage,
In a remote place,nobody would know;

Let me pass time,
As I laze the day away,
Without any botheration,
Sitting down idle
Or being a vagabond,
So casual,
As I marvel,
Everything,
Nature has to offer,
From the smiling butterfly,
To the pearls of an oyster,
From the joyful sounds of the valley,
To the winding streets of Mexico,

.....Some place, I can stand & shout,
And crazily run,through the fields of gold,
With Euphoria,
With magical hysteria,
Before I get too old,

Into the wilderness,
I wish to run,
Face in the sun,
With a backpack,
A journey,
Just begun.....

1 comment:

  1. There is only one word for this poem... BEAUTIFUL... This is amazing!! I can actually feel the wind in my face and leaves crushing beneath my feet!! This is so liberating! Good good! Keep it up... looking to read more masterpieces from you :)

    ReplyDelete