Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Mistake

I found this poem while surfing the net. It is written by some one by the name of Valeriela Quidara. I thank this unknown person for this wonderful poem. Its such an amazing poem that I had to put it up here...I could not have written anything different.


My Mistake


One day a long time ago

I made an awful mistake.

Why, I just don't know

but it's caused a lot of heartache.

I was so angry and so scared

I didn't know what to do.

Now you think that I never cared

and now I have lost you.

I don't know how I could hurt you so bad

I loved you with all of my heart.

Now we are both alone and sad

because I have torn us apart.

I wanted us to be together forever

and you always said that we would.

But we couldn't get past the stormy weather

I don't know why I ever thought we could.

I guess sometimes you want something so badly

that you would do anything to get it.

You never think things could turn out so sadly

never realizing someday you'll regret it.

I have never felt so empty inside

I can't go on without you.

I need you here in my life

please know what I say is true.

I am so sorry for all the pain I caused

I never meant to make you cry.

But you will forget about me before long

so please dry the tears from your eyes.

I want nothing more than to hold you forever

and tell you how sorry I am.

I want us to always be together

and go through this life hand in hand.

You were my lover and my best friend

you meant so much to me.

I never wanted this to come to an end

I never wanted you to leave.

I know it is my fault that you are gone

but even the "bad guys" need time to grieve.

I have dreaded this moment for so long

it hurts so bad and there's no relief.

I don't know what to do without you in my life

I feel so lost and alone.

I thought you'd always be by my side

I can't believe I was so wrong.

I wish that you could see into my soul

and realize how much I need you.

The amount of love I have; you'll never know

I wish there were something I could do.

There are no words to show you how I feel

and there are no words to show it was a mistake.

They say with time a broken heart will heal

but I don't know how much more pain I can take.

No comments:

Post a Comment