Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Maximum City

How Wonderful !!!!! It's the end of a wonderful odyssey and the start of a new journey once again.... As I recount all my wonderful memories of this beautiful city and so much it has made me learn, I let my mind drift with absolute freedom to savor every memory like it's happening right now,at this moment in time........

It was a long while back, in mid-Oct 2008 that landed in Chennai, with a more than just overweight Bag and an almost Bald head(I had expected it to be Summertime in Chennai) alongwith my sister. The driver who was taking us around the city(Dad had booked him) was taking in absolute Kilometers whenever we asked him ,"How far is this/that?" It was the first of a string of 8 months continuous that people here would be talking to me in Kilometers whenever I asked them for directions. Rains were how I was greeted on my first evening in this darling city.... And I wondered....Rains at this time???? How's that possible???? My geography had grown very weak after School and little did I realize that it was time for the Easterly winds to roamnce the Eastern coast of India and yes....with absolute artistic brillance....fill the city with trentchous Potholes !!!!

My days of ILP training were always fun filled and exciting....with a new story to narrate everyday... Sometimes I caught a bus running running [pardon my English...it's the way it's spoke here :) ],on other days ran helter skelter all over the city in the evenings looking for an accomadation and some days...dressed in blazing,super sexy formals which could make any girl dig for me......plod in ATLEAST knee length high water. :) Some other days were greeted with a sunshine surprise but it was rare phenomenon during the early days in Chennai. Weekends were generally spent Over sleeping, skipping breakfast and ordering pizzas in the afternoon. Evenings were genrally spent visting beaches, checking out girls(if any) and further exploring the city through its almost Non existant Hindi, shopping malls, restaurants, buses, trains,it's outskirts, etc. etc. etc. etc. When December came, I decided so many experinces were too sexy for me to handle... So I decided to take a break from the city and went back home to Bombay......After a series of events that were too sexy to handle yet again for me...I returned to Chennai on Jan 13th. Things had changed, new people had come to live with us now....with some old ones parting ways for some reason or the other...But even the new ones were old buddies...so it didnt take anything to adjust with them. But things had surely changed..... .We now had a net connection, used to order "Dabba" for dinner, had bought plates and dishes and bowls and spoons and some other stuff irrelevant to remember now, we used to take turns to wash them...... things were definately looking up for now......25th Jan comes as a very special day for me cuz it is day that marked the start of something very special and very close to my heart. From that day, there was no looking back. One beautiful experience after the other flowed like a beautiful symphony of Music and life indeed..... became a celebration. Art of Living, Gym, Bike,meeting Srinidhi, Books, PLR, Rekindling with my old romance Poetry, Pondicherry, Tirupati and the fateful Kodaikanal trip that changed our lives forever, meeting Marva, Patni, driving around and exploring with Navdeep,hanging out with Pandu,my special things, my private blog, Rekindling with my second Romance Guitar,learning to cook food, finding Divya...my soul-mate, getting my wisdom tooth knocked out,after which I fell crazYYY for ice creams, the Butter Bun of Hot Breads,able to now wake up early, washing and ironing clothes by myself, My first Love.....Cricket finding it once again,using to the hilt my 10K sms's, realizing many wonderful things....and so much much much more......


The city has given me a lot. It has made me learn(sometimes the hard way) many things...things which I otherwise would not have been able to learn.... So many experiences it has filled me with that I indeed feel truly blessed. Today, as I(Jimmy) is leaving this city and returning to my heartland, I take alongwith me a bountiful of happiness,joy and amazing experiences to cherish for a lifetme. At the same time, I am leaving behind something for My Maximum City to always remember me by......

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back home Jimmy. We missed you here. Welcome to my Maximum City, Mumbai.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhhhh.... to ye thi jimmy ki kahani.. jab tak padha nahi tha to i was baffled ke wats jimmy :P
    kewl.. after readin this i hv many things to talk to u ;)

    ReplyDelete